We are seeking an Optometrist toprovide services in the Optometry Department at the Naval Health Clinic in Annapolis, MD.
Type of work:
- Perform a full range of optometry examinations and procedures in accordance with clinical privileges granted by the Commander Officer.
- Technically direct, oversee, or instruct other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including appropriate periodic examinations, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medication in accordance with privileges and as delineated by the pharmacy and therapeutics committee.