A Physical Therapist is needed to work within a renowned hospital system in a growing well-regarded acute care hospital just outside Washington DC.
The Inpatient Physical Therapist will work within this 300+ bed hospital, which offers the surrounding community a vast list of cutting edge medical services and rehabilitation services.
This academic hospital has one of the busiest ER’s in the area and is particularly well regarded for their Heart and Stroke Programs. Their Heart Program is particularly lauded, including being named one of the country’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention and being a 5-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure In addition, they were named a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence.
The Physical Therapy Department offers high quality care, both in an inpatient and outpatient setting. This PT will be joining the Acute Care Rehabilitation Physical Therapy Team.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Participates in the evaluation and treatment of patients, based upon current principles and practices of Physical Therapy.
- Functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations hospital's policies, procedures, and standards.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrates baseline knowledge of relevant PT practice and flexibility
- Emotionally mature, can objectively analyze situations, identify and problem solve, listen effectively, and present self orally and in writing
The PT will be a part of the hospital’s Acute Care Rehab Department and will be responsible for implementing specific treatment techniques, educating patients and families, scheduling treatment times, and attending meetings. The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player and will have previous inpatient and outpatient experience. Strong new graduates will be considered.
The Acute Care Physical Therapist position is located only a short drive from Washington DC and offers the peace and comfort of a smaller community combined with the culture and convenience of a major metropolitan area.
This position offers a competitive salary with full benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This is a wonderful opportunity for a PT to make a lasting impact on patients.