Research Analyst/Technical Writer
Custom Software Systems seeks to assist the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) in an upcoming grant project. In that regard, we are searching for a Research Analyst/Technical Writer for a full-time position.
The Analyst will assist The MSDE is creating Rapid Turnaround Reports and the incorporation of dashboards and data visualization into the reports using Tableau visualization software (Desktop and Interactor software configurations) to support the objectives and deliverables associated with the Evaluation and Research Priority Area. The Rapid Turnaround Reports will include an in-depth analysis and findings on at least 5 topics:
1. Analysis of course taking patterns looking at the Student Course Grade Teacher (SCGT) data collection.
2. Analysis of curriculum in use throughout Maryland (Data collected from Project 6.1.1).
3. Investigate the point at which preparation and employment meet: the three years of teacher induction.
4. What is the impact of ECE programs in kindergarten readiness?
5. To what extent are at-risk groups (special needs, English Language Learners, low-income, minority students) becoming better prepared for and succeeding in school?
The Key Deliverables to be created by this position will include for each of the 5 Rapid Turnaround Report Focus Areas:
Analysis of information and/or data in the focus area and a written brief outlining findings
Presentation of findings using a data visualization tool such as Tableau
1. Analyzes existing and potential product and service information, prospective customers and markets. Collates information into meaningful reports and presentation material. Maintains any technical information in a systems library.
2. Performs education research and data analysis with SLDS information.
3. Creates Rapid Turnaround Reports utilizing Tableau Desktop and Interactor visualization software.
1. High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Business, or related field.
b. General Experience:
1. A minimum of one (1) year of work or equivalent education experience in a research analyst role.
c. Specialized Experience:
1. At least one (1) year of experience word processing, using electronic spreadsheets and other administrative software products. General knowledge of governmental documents and procedures.
2. At least one (1) year of experience implementing reports, analyses and research briefs to be used for decision-making that are relevant and timely and can be used for program evaluation.
3. A minimum of one (1) year of experience using software tools to create reports, dashboards, analyses, or research briefs utilizing education data.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in education or statistics is preferred.
b. General Experience:
1. A minimum of one (1) year of experience in an education environment working as a research analyst.
c. Specialized Experience:
1. At least one (1) year of experience using Business Intelligence analytics software to create reports and research briefs.
Headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, Custom Software Systems, Inc. (CSS) is a Woman-Owned (WOSB) and HUBZone certified small business. Built on a foundation of trusted client partnerships, CSS has fostered a stakeholder-centric yet disciplined approach to IT solutions development. This ensures our ability to consistently meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
CSS is a very employee oriented company knowing that well trained, professional associates are what make our company great. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: paid holidays and paid time off; medical insurance that includes vision; dental insurance; company paid long and short-term disability and life insurance; a Simple IRA plan (similar to 401k); parking and commuter reimbursement. We also work with our employees on training and professional certification plans that benefit the employee, the client and CSS - a win-win-win strategy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CSS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CSS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CSS employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.