- Provide desktop, server, and network administration support to mission and analytic networks.
- Primary responsibilities include desktop support, application support, server administration, user account support, and basic support to LAN infrastructure. Running security scans and performing system hardening on Windows and Linux.
- Downloading and performing updates to desktop/server firmware, virus software, and operating systems.
- Responsibilities also include designing and maintaining Linux development and training environments, setting virtual machines, and basic network administration.
All candidates must have polygraph and an in-scope background investigation (CCA not acceptable)
This position requires:
- Minimum of 5 years system administration experience with computer systems, Within the last 3 years, experience with Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Additionally, within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), a minimum of 2 years scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages and experience performing periodic system back-ups (i.e. NetBackup) and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
Experience running security scans and performing DNS/LDAP/OS hardening on Windows and Linux; Experience downloading and performing updates to desktop/server firmware, virus software, and operating systems, experience with RedHat Linux 5/6 along, installing/configuring Windows desktops, user account creation and management, using LDAP and setting up virtual machines, PKI management, Dell/HP servers and Desktops, and experience managing infrastructure, including SSP/IAVA/documentation updates are necessary skills needed to excel in this position. The selected candidate must have the ability to communicate well in oral and written form, to document procedures for others and possess general office skills such as burning DVDs, file transfers, etc.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
The largest communications company in the United States. And the world. We are the industry leaders in providing wireless service, high speed internet access, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services across the US. We are also developing our business to include next-generation television services with our new AT&T U-VerseSM TV.
Join our incredibly diverse company of more than 250,000 people and help drive the innovation that keeps AT&T at the leading edge of technology and service. Expect big things from the company that created the communications industry.