The Registered Nurse in Home Health renders professional nursing care to patients in their home by assessing, developing, implementing, and evaluating home nursing care needs of assigned patients.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions
- Service - Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation visit and develops the plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of assessment completion.
- Continually evaluates the patient's nursing needs. Instructs and supervises the patient's family in the care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy environment for the patient.
- Renders nursing care to patients according to the plan of care.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Participates in the in-service program according to LHC policy.
- Adheres to and participates in the Care Management process.
- Performs 60 day record review (recertifications).
- Participates in staff conference regarding patient care.
- Participates in the QA/QI plan and process.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes to the agency daily.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Supervises, teaches, or assigns care tasks to other nursing personnel as allowable per state regulation.
Qualifications: License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- Maryland - Current RN licensure in Maryland. Current Driver''s License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle. Current CPR certification required.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that “it’s all about helping people,” and we live by those words today. It’s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you’re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It’s our purpose.