Orbis Technologies, located in Annapolis, MD, is a leader in providing cloud computing based semantic text analytics, using MapReduce, to support entity extraction, relationship identification, and semantic search in a Hadoop cloud-processing environment. Seeking talented Software Developers and Engineers who desire to further their careers in big data and open source development predominantly in Java, and work with cloud computing including the use of Hadoop, Accumulo, CloudBase, HBase, and core semantic web technologies.
- Join a team oriented environment, participate in Scrum meetings, drive and execute various technical project phases from development through implementation of advanced web technology solutions for commercial and government clients. Many projects include integration of open source software with developed web services to create custom solutions for our clients
- Develop high quality software designs and programs for customized customer solutions using Java
- Use Agile/SCRUM methodologies and help implement semantic web technologies (OWL, RDF)
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. Existing clearance a plus but not required.
- BS or Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related technical area (Math, Bioinformatics, other Engineering)
- Candidates ideally will have 3-8+ years of experience developing web-based or cloud based solutions with excellent Java, Python (or related object-oriented) programming skills
- Practical or theoretical knowledge of configuration and issue management tools (such as Subversion/Mercury/git and Trac/JIRA/Rally)
- Experience developing web services, programming with object oriented, and/or declarative languages including experience with XML technologies such as XSLT, XQuery and/or XPath
- Experience with cloud data storage systems (Accumulo, HBase, BigTable, etc.)
- Understands and ability to use Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
- Experience implementing semantic web technologies (OWL, RDF) in various customer deployed applications
- 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays with 2 being floating holidays.
- Plus, 1-week additional time off awarded for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage.
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) with 100% match with immediate vesting up to 4% of contributions
- Free health insurance
- Free dental
- Free vision
- Free life insurance equal to twice your salary
- Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
- And more!
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.
Keyword: Software Developer
From: Orbis Technologies ed5bc31c8cf6420f8c162b3883f47590